The presidents of three countries – Poland, Lithuania and Romania – approved five points of the aid package for Belarus and called on other countries to join. Among other things, it is proposed to give Belarus a visa-free regime with the EU. This is stated in the statement of the presidents of the three countries.
The presidents of Lithuania, Romania and Poland will appeal to the leaders of the European Union at the September 24-25 summit with a request to offer a package of support to Belarus.
Five points of the help package:
- facilitating trade with the EU and assistance in negotiations on accession to the WTO,
- visa-free regime subject to the necessary conditions,
- assistance in diversification (development of new types and market expansion – ed.) of energy and energy security of Belarus,
- access to financial resources for restructuring and launching the liberal economy of Belarus,
- increasing the presence and activity of international financial institutions in reforming the economy and attracting investment.