At a regular meeting, the Government identified a state institution that will be involved in supporting investment projects, helping investors from the start of the project and throughout its duration. This institution is the Office for attracting and supporting investments (UkraineInvest). The Journalist reported with reference to the press center of the Ministry of Economy.
This decision is the first step towards the implementation of investment projects with significant investments.
“The Ministry of Economy has begun preparing a number of by-laws for the practical launch of the law “on investment nannies”, which will significantly increase the investment attractiveness of Ukraine. Today’s decision to define UkraineInvest as an institution to support projects is important, because it gives an understanding of who exactly to contact in case of any questions, who can comprehensively and promptly provide all information and support,” commented the Minister of Economic Development, Trade and Agriculture. farms Ihor Petrashko.
The functions of the authorized institution:
• attracting potential applicants for the implementation of investment projects with significant investments;
• providing investors with organizational and information and advisory assistance in the preparation and implementation of investment projects;
• interaction with government bodies, local government bodies on issues related to the support of the preparation and implementation of investment projects with significant investments;
• preparation and submission to the authorized body of periodic and operational reports on the status of support for investment projects with significant investments;
• development of proposals, recommendations, action plans aimed at improving the process of preparation and implementation of investment projects with significant investments;
• organizing training and conducting information events on the preparation and implementation of investment projects with significant investments for government and local authorities.
“The law creates an innovative approach for Ukraine to state support for investments. UkraineInvest invites foreign and Ukrainian medium-sized businesses to take advantage of its benefits. The minimum investment volume of EUR 20 million over 5 years enables entrepreneurs to implement joint investment projects with both Ukrainian and international partners,” said Serhiy Tsivkach, Executive Director of UkraineInvest.
Recall that on February 10, President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy signed the Law “On State Support of Investment Projects with Significant Investments in Ukraine” No. 1116-IX.